February 17th, 2011
Last night we launched a new feature that gives subscribers the ability to receive a notification when a child achieves a new skill level. If you choose to enable this feature, you will be sent a brief message each time your child succeeds at a game level and advances to the next level in the relevant skill area.
Two notification options are available: (1) email and (2) posting to your Facebook wall. The message/post will simply state the skill area and game level in which your child succeeded. Note that, for some games, success requires multiple attempts, so it may take some time before you receive your first notification.
If you’re a new subscriber, you’ll be asked whether you’d like to enable the notification feature when you first activate and set up your account.
If you’re an existing subscriber and wish to enable this feature, please follow the instructions below:
- Launch PBS KIDS PLAY!
- Go to the Parents Center. (The link is at top-right of the screen after PLAY! loads.)
- Click the My Account tab in the Parents Center.
- Under My Account, click the Contact Settings sub-heading.
- Check the box(es) for email alerts or Facebook posts on the right-hand side.
- Click Save to complete the change.